Support and troubleshooting for users of the NHS Scotland COPD Support Service.
I have COPD but haven't been diagnosed
You need to be diagnosed with COPD by a doctor to use this service. We check this when processing your application.
If you think you have COPD, see your doctor. Visit the NHS website for information on symptoms and diagnosis.
I don't live in Greater Glasgow and Clyde
Currently this service is only available to residents of Greater Glasgow and Clyde.
Visit the NHS website for information on COPD treatment options and managing your health.
I don't own a smartphone, tablet or computer
If you have daily access to someone else's device (such a relative or carer), you can still use this service.
I don't have an email address
If you don't have an email address, you can set up a free account using providers such as:
I didn't receive a link to the service
We need to check your medical records before sending you a link to the service. This can take up to 10 days after you apply.
If you haven't heard from us within this time, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If it's been more than a week and you haven't heard from us:
- Check your junk email folder.
- Email email@example.com.
I'm having trouble registering
Check out our Getting Started page for information on how to register.
Still need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I forgot my password
- Go to the COPD Support Service login screen.
- Click 'Forgotten your passphrase?'
- Enter your email address and press 'Send'.
- We'll send you an email with a link to reset your passphrase.
Tip: Your phone or computer might try to auto-save your passphrase. We recommend avoiding this to keep your account safe.
I need to update my details
Log in to the COPD Support Service. Go to 'Settings' and select 'NHS Scotland'.
Here you can update your:
- email address
- phone number
Tip: Remember to click the 'Update' button to save your changes.
I've lost the link to log in
How do I add it to my home screen?
If you're using a smartphone or tablet, you can create a shortcut for the COPD Support Service on your home screen.
How to do this:
- Go to the COPD Support Service login screen on your device's web browser.
- Tap the menu icon on the screen.
- On an Apple device, this is located at the bottom of your screen. It looks like a square with an arrow pointing up at the top.
- On Android devices, this may be located at the top of your screen. It looks like three vertical dots.
- Select 'Add to Home Screen'.
- You'll now have an app on your home screen called 'COPD'. Tap it and press 'Start' to log in.
Note: If you're using a laptop or desktop computer, the service works like any other website. Simply enter the link into your web browser.
How do I connect my Fitbit?
See Fitbit setup.
My Fitbit isn't syncing
If your Fitbit isn't syncing, you should:
- make sure your Fitbit device is charged
- open the Fitbit app with your device nearby
Find more information about syncing your device on the Fitbit website.
I don't have a Fitbit
You don't need to have a Fitbit to use the COPD Support Service.
The service collects information you enter into your symptom diary. You and your doctor can use this to track your health and help manage your condition.
Can I connect a different device?
Currently the COPD Support Service only works with a Fitbit.